FUT Champions is where the real serious business happens on FIFA. The Weekend League is where players can earn the highest tier rewards to help them either make more coins on Ultimate Team / FUT or hope to pack one of the better players on the game like and icon or POTM, IF or MOTM cards. Read on to see our FUT Champions tips:
Qualifying for FUT Champions
This is a fairly easy process as EA want people to experience the thrill of playing for high rewards. You’ll need 2000 points to earn entry to the weekend league OR if you’ve qualified already, obtaining a gold 3 tier will automatically mean you qualify for the next weekend if you so desire to play. You’ll play 30 games over the weekend and here are our basic tips to get you started on the competitive scene on FIFA 20.
FUT Champions Tips
Play with a clear head
What we mean by this is, play the conditions. FUT Champions is an unforgiving game mode so it’s important that you start each game with a clear head and no previous frustration. If you do this, we pretty much guarantee that you’ll be losing the game and with there being 40 games to squeeze into the weekend, you have to make sure you give yourself the best opportunity to win as many games as you can.
Take a break if you feel yourself reaching boiling point. Go have a drink or do something, anything, where you’re not thinking about FIFA.
Play with the same side
This is really important to your success. Get used to how the team feels, get used to where your players are and what types of runs they are making. Playing with the same set of players will mean you need to apply a squad fitness card and we recommend you do this every 2 games.
Take note of the opposition team
Look at their side, look where the strong players are. For example, if they have Neymar, get stuck into him and mark him tightly. More often than not, players will look to their better players to try and win games for them. Don’t give them an inch!
Here are our top ten tips to get you achieving success on the game mode.
- Consider which times of the weekend works best for you (use our guide if you need a starting point) and try to play your games during that time;
- Be adaptable and be willing to change up your style during the game;
- Don’t play beyond 2 losses on the trot without taking a break;
- Make sure that, where possible, your players have 99 fitness on all your players;
- Play cautious to avoid conceding an early goal;
- Look for weaknesses in your opponents team and try to exploit them, especially important when you’re playing a team that is stronger than yours;
- When you’re IF, play games;
- When you find players that work for your style and formation, then keep them in your team and don’t change this up too much;
- Play with little distractions around you to ensure you stay full concentrated throughout all your games;
- Remember to look at players’ stats before you buy them and be sure to remember what their stamina is like as this is one of the top 5 key stats to success.
So there you have it, those tips are obviously extremely brief but will give you a nice starting point. To purchase our advanced tips for FIFA 20 FUT Champions we have a guide that you can download to help you win more games and achieve the higher Elite rewards.