FIFA 16 shooting and finishing tips to get you scoring more goals: how to score long shots, lob / chip, and 1 v 1’s. The new FIFA allows players to shoot, pass and chip the ball with even more realism and even more variation.
In this simple guide we will provide with tips on how to score like a pro.
What to look for in a striker
First you’ll need to pick the best forward for your FUT team or sign one in career mode. You’ll want high ratings in the following:
• Shot Power
• Long Shots
• Ball Control
• FK Acc. (if you want to score from free kicks)
• Heading Acc. (if you want to score from corners etc with your head)
The following traits are useful:
• Long Shot Taker
• Finesse Shot
• Power Free-Kick
• Power Header
As are these specialties:
• Distance Shooter
• Clinical Finisher
• Complete Forward
• Aerial Threat (for headers)
• Acrobat (for bicycle kicks etc)
• Free Kick Specialist
When to shoot
Using the shoot button is not really enough to get you through the game, but knowing when to shoot can make all the difference.
Generally you’ll want to get into a position that:
• Has a clear space in front of your player
• Isn’t too far out (the edge of the box is fine, but halfway line stuff is rarely ever worth it)
• Has you facing the opposition’s goal (unless you want to do a bicycle kick or other acrobatic shot)
• Presents you with an angle that isn’t ludicrous (shooting from the corner flag is a waste)
How to shoot
To get more goals you’ll need to know these FIFA 16 shooting and finishing tips so, once you’re in a good spot, taking into account the above bullet points, you can take your shot.
Don’t hold the button down too much or you’ll sky it.
Hold the left analog stick up or down slightly while shooting to change the shot’s direction. Push it too far and the shot will go wide, too little and it will hardly move. Not at all and your shot will go towards the centre of the goal. Pushing towards the goal will add topspin, pushing away will add backspin.
Remember – every player is different. Some will keep shots low even when you’ve held the button for a while.
There are of course, many different types of shots and button variations that work better than others, you can read a hugely comprehensive guide which goes into much more detail in our FIFA 16 guide but for now these will be enough top tips to get you scoring more goals on FIFA.