FIFA 15 allows players to shoot, pass and chip the ball with even more realism and even more variation.
In this guide we will provide with tips on how to score like a pro.
What to look for in a striker
First you’ll need to pick the best forward on your team or sign one in career mode. You’ll want a footballer that has high ratings in the following:
• Shot Power
• Long Shots
• Ball Control
• FK Acc. (if you want to score from free kicks)
• Heading Acc. (if you want to score from corners etc with your head)
The following traits are useful:
• Long Shot Taker
• Finesse Shot
• Power Free-Kick
• Power Header
As are these specialties:
• Distance Shooter
• Clinical Finisher
• Complete Forward
• Aerial Threat (for headers)
• Acrobat (for bicycle kicks etc)
• Free Kick Specialist
When to shoot
Using the shoot button is not really enough to get you through the game, but knowing when to shoot can make all the difference.
Generally you’ll want to get into a position that:
• Has a clear space in front of your player
• Isn’t too far out (the edge of the box is fine, but halfway line stuff is rarely ever worth it)
• Has you facing the opposition’s goal (unless you want to do a bicycle kick or other acrobatic shot)
• Presents you with an angle that isn’t ludicrous (shooting from the corner flag is a waste)
How to shoot
Once you’re in a good spot, hold down the shoot button for less than a second and aim towards goal. If you’re running and have kicked the ball slightly ahead of you, you can hold it a little longer before releasing.
Don’t hold the button down too much or you’ll sky it.
Hold the left analog stick up or down slightly while shooting to change the shot’s direction. Push it too far and the shot will go wide, too little and it will hardly move. Not at all and your shot will go towards the centre of the goal. Pushing towards the goal will add topspin, pushing away will add backspin.
Remember – every player is different. Some will keep shots low even when you’ve held the button for a while.
There are of course, many different types of shots and button variations that work better than others, you can read more of our FIFA 15 shooting tips in our guide but for now these will be enough top tips to get you scoring more goals on FIFA.