FIFA Expert’s FIFA 16 Defending Tips
These tips and tricks will help you get better at defending on the game and stop conceding as many goals. Help, guides and tutorials on: Tackling, slide tackling, standing tackles, push and pull, jockeying, containing, heading, defending crosses and corners, how to defend vs pace and many more tips and help. We’ll also tell you the best formations to use as well as which custom tactics and style of play will be best to use to help you defend better on FIFA 16.
Use the click-able links below, to read more tips on each area of our defensive guides and help.
Get a better tackle win percentage and stop conceding as many goals.
Defending Against Skill Moves Tips
Learn how to defend against those tricky skillers.
Defending Crosses Tips
Learn how to defend crosses in FIFA 16, which is harder than on previous versions of the game.
Defensive Heading Tips
Learn how to win more headers around the pitch, when defending.
Defending Corners Tips
Learn how to stop conceding as many goals from corners.
Choose the best formation to help you defend better.
Custom Tactics Tips
Choose the best defensive set-up, tactically.
Learn to contain your opponent using a variety of buttons and combinations.
As always, the tips we offer on the site, will help you improve. However, if you really want the best tips available to help you improve in EVERY AREA OF THE GAME, then you will have to invest in our FIFA 16 GUIDE (Full defensive chapter list below the picture). Read more about the 400+ page guide, here.
5. Defending Tips
– Key for diagrams in the guide
– Controller settings
– The best camera settings
– Tackling Standing tackles Slide tackles
– Secondary contain
– Push and pull
– Defending from the front
– Defending with high pressure
– Defending deep (to counter teams using pace)
– Defending counter attacks
– Defending corners and crosses / Stopping crosses near the goal-line
– Saving penalties
– Defending the 1-2
– Defending lobbed through balls
– Defending vs quick attackers
– Defending around halfway
– Defending around your box
– Covering short free kicks
– Covering long free kicks
– Right stick switching
– Using your defenders body
– Applying fake pressure
– Mix up defending style to keep opponent guessing
– Using your goalkeeper effectively
– Making their goalkeeper play where you want
– How to man mark
TOP 20 BEST TIPS IN THIS AREA OF THE GAME